Week 7 Of Our 10 Week Grocery Budget Challenge!

Posted by on August 14, 2013

image

We have completed WEEK 7 of our 10 Week Grocery Budget Challenge! We are OVER HALF WAY DONE! If you’d like to learn more about this challenge, go HERE!

***Here’s the secret to staying in your budget, menu plan based on what you already own and what is on sale. This way you don’t buy anything that isn’t on sale. Hope that helps!

My NEW budget for this challenge is $30 per week! Here’s the breakdown of what I spent and saved:

NEW Budget: $30 per week

Total Spent: $27.61, Saved: at least $20.00

Spent $1.80 at Vons, bought shredded cheese

Spent $16.42 at Lassens, bought organic kale, grapes, nectarines, plums, and Ezekial bread

Spent $3.00 at 99 Cent Store, bought yogurt, Pillsbury gluten free pie crust, and veggie stock

Spent $6.39 at Albertsons, bought chicken and carrots

How did you do??? If you are participating in this 10 week challenge let us know what your NEW budget is and what you spent this week on groceries in the comment section below.

I will keep track each week with how you all do, and at the end of our 10 week challenge (1) person will win a surprise prize pack from me!

Comments

9 Responses to “Week 7 Of Our 10 Week Grocery Budget Challenge!”
  1. Andrea G. says:

I spent $78.65 last week. I had $30 roll over from last week to go with my $40 weekly budget. I was literally out of almost everything though so I was surprised I didn’t spend more than that. This challenge has really made me look at what I am buying and deciding if we really need it or not. I know my husband and girls will be glad when this is over so they can have some treats here and there! Thank God my husband is easygoing and doesn’t complain much, but I know he is getting tired of not having what he wants :)

• Aimee says:

hahaha, yes I completely understand! I am not buying extras either, and actually I am the one complaining… It’s been SO good though for us financially to save that money though. Keep up the good work! :)

2. Anna says:

I used the $50 coupon from Vons on Friday… and still spent 60. This week I spent another 25$ … so that leaves me with 35 $ roll over this monday to stay in a budget of 60 dollars per week.

.99 cent store and coupon deals have really helped with all of this.

I have also been taking advantage of the manager’s special meats at Vons and FoodsCo.

We are cooking at home A LOT…but it’s worth it. We have had some money this month leftover for other things we don’t “NEED” but WANT….

3. Chele says:

Aimee, Success at last!! I’m so excited this week because I kept track of my receipts and more importantly, MY SPENDING (instead of overspending as in the past). This week, I’ve only spent $25.63 and I don’t even need to shop for anything else. After last weeks posts from everyone and your encouragement, plus very good suggestions, I looked honestly at what we REALLY need and the truth is my stockpile and small vege garden can sustain us for quite a while. My shopping consisted of 2 doz eggs for 99 cents each at Walgreens, Peanut butter and ice cream at Smart & Final sale. (Did you know that their newer store on Stockdale is bigger, has a different ad, and more products? I learned this from White Lane Store employee and it’s true!) Also bought 6 pounds of the 25 cent price-match bananas at Walmart today. We luv em’ on cereal, yogurt, with vanilla pudding and graham crackers (or Nilla wafers), and of course, banana bread. And I bought 3 loaves of very good 12 grain bread at Big Lots for $1.40 each. I know this doesn’t sound like a good price, but try to eat healthy bread because we eat a lot of it. Last week I set my goal at $60, so now I have $35.37 to carry over to next week. Hooray!

4. Catherine says:

My budget was $75 and I spent $98.60 bleh. It’s getting harder! I’m hoping I can make up for it this week though…

• Aimee says:

It is getting harder for me too because we used up almost all our meat, BUT only a few weeks left! :)

5. Johanna says:

My budget for this week was $80, and I spent $87. Still plugging away at it!!